How to Submit a Paper to The Russian Bulletin of Children’s Surgery, Anesthesiology and Resuscitation
(according to the Recommendations for the Conduct, Reporting, Editing, and Publication of Scholarly Work in Medical Journals, issued by the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors)
- We accept articles for consideration only with a cover letter enclosed and issued by the organizations the authors are employed in. It should be signed by the main author and confirm that the current paper was never published before or submitted to other journals.
- The paper is to be in a .doc or .docx file (Microsoft Word), double line spaces, А4 (210 х 297 mm), portrait page layout. Page margins: top – 25 mm, bottom – 25 mm, left – 35 mm, right – 25 mm. Font style is Times New Roman Cyr, size 14, black, text-align set to “justify”. No line spaces between paragraphs. First line indent is 15 mm. You submit an e-copy of your paper.
- First page should contain:
Abstract and keywords should be in Russian and in English. The abstract may include 200-250 words in case of research papers and case reports, and not less than 150-250 words for literature reviews and lectures. Keywords (3-10) are attached to the abstract and outline core terms of the paper. Keywords are also necessary for citation indexes and references in search engines.
Abstract of a research paper is to describe the content of the study, its outline includes sections: • Background (optional); • Objective; • Materials and methods; • Results; • Conclusions.
References are to be listed according to citing but not by alphabetic order of first authors on a single page attached and according to National Library of Health guidelines and GOST of the Russian Federation 7.0.5–2008 “Bibliographicheskaya ssylka” (http://www.nlm.n ih.gov/pubs/formats/recommendedformats.html). Each reference starts a paragraph and has its list number. References should be marked by square brackets (e.g.: [1, 2]). Research studies are recommended to have up to 15 references, literature reviews – up to 60. It is possible to refer to abstracts of dissertations, but not dissertations as they are manuscripts. Abstracts and papers published in limited editions can be referred to just in case of their high relevance. You can not include papers which have not been published yet into your reference list.
To increase citing indexes of authors we use transliteration of references in Russian according to accepted codes in the following order: authors and the title of a journal are transliterated, the title of a paper is translated. You can use online transliteration for your convenience: http://www.translit.ru
- The title in Russian and in English; it should be short (up to 150-200 signs) and outline the content of your paper. You should avoid abbreviations in the title.
- Surnames, full names and patronymics, places of employment and positions of all authors in Russian and in English;
- Full name of organization(s) where the research was conducted with a department, organization, location (city, country) specified in Russian and in English;
- Surname, name, patronymic, detailed address and e-mail, phone and fax of the author who is responsible to correspond to editorial team and readers, in Russian and in English. Personal data (private addresses, phones) are forbidden to be specified. This information is going to be attached to the paper, published and presented on the website of the Journal.
- The paper is to be signed by its author. In case of several authors each of them has to sign it.
All references in Russian are to be transliterated.
Authors bear full responsibility for accuracy and completeness of all references, and accuracy of citing of original sources.
It is not allowed to submit papers which were already published before.
The Journal does not bear any responsibility for reliability of the information reported by authors.
Authors guarantee they have exclusive rights to use the materials sent to the Journal.
Reprint of materials published in the Journal by any individual or legal entity is allowed by the written permission issued by the Journal. It is obligatory to specify the issue of the Journal (year of publication) where the reprinted material was published.
Papers are accepted for publication free-of-charge.
An outline of research papers is the following: Introduction, Materials and methods, Results, Discussion (it is possible to unite these two sections in one – Results and Discussion), Conclusions (listed) and References.
In Materials and methods you have to define your study design in details. Equipment as well as international nonproprietary names, dosage and ways of introduction of medicines used are to be specified if required.
It is recommended a research paper is not more than 12 printed pages, case report – 5 pages, lecture – 15 pages, literature review – 15 pages, peer review, discussions and commentary – 3 pages. Also it is recommended to refer to the latest sources (5-6 years) and limit reference list for your literature review up to 60 items. Please, minimize the presence your own papers in your reference list.
Minimize your graphics to the most relevant. If your figures were already published before, you have to specify the original source and provide the written permission for publication from the rightholder. Figures and flow charts are to be submitted in an electronic form (TIFF, BMP, JPEG, PPT, etc.). Resolution not less than 300 dpi is required. Figure captions are to be enclosed on a single page according to the numbering scheme.
To settle your figures in the text mark their locations by frame in the margin. Photos (B&W or colour) should be contrast, 9 х 12 cm. X-ray photos are to be positive images.
Tables should have a title and defined columns easy for reading. Data presented in tables should correspond to the one presented in the text. One does not have to repeat the information given in tables in the text. Photocopies of tables are not accepted.
Description of statistic analysis includes all the methods used. Results should be obtained and presented in SI system.
The Journal has the right to edit papers as well as make changes in format without altering content.
Papers which do not meet the submission criteria are not accepted.
Send your paper to:
Sadovaya-Kudrinskaya ul., 15-3, Moscow, 123001, Russia
Cover Letter Form
(Journal: The Russian Bulletin of Children’s Surgery, Anesthesiology and Resuscitation )
Title of the paper:
Authors (full name: name, patronymic, surname):
Author responsible to correspond to the editor:
Name (full name):
Hereby the author(s) confirm(s) that:
- Submitted paper has not been published before or submitted for consideration to other scientific journals.
- All authors are aware of the content of the paper with their permission to publish it.
- By their submitting of the manuscript (including figures and tables) for publication to The Russian Bulletin of Children’s Surgery, Anesthesiology and Resuscitation, the author(s) agree(s) to transfer their copyright to the Publisher free-of-charge with the latter’s right to publish and distribute materials in all possible forms and fields of practice without any limitation regarding territory of distribution and language of publication (applies if the submitted paper is accepted for publication). Also, the author(s) confirm(s) that the current paper is not going to be published anywhere in any language unless a written permission is provided by the copyright holder, i.e. the Publisher, in advance.
- In case your paper is accepted the author(s) agree(s) to editorial changes if required.
- Authors have disclosed all financing sources of the study as well as conflicts of interests including grants, fees for lectures and consultations, other financing.
- Your paper meets the submission criteria of The Russian Bulletin of Children’s Surgery, Anesthesiology and Resuscitation
- Design of your study has been approved by a local Ethics Committee.
- The patients of your sample confirmed their participation by written (oral) informed consent.
Signature (print name of signatory)